The Club has been busy for a few weeks on various fronts and this should continue into the New Year.
1. The new front stairs are in, the handrails and door surround should be finished in the next few days.
2. The new audio visual equipment has taken another step forward today with the equipment being tested. Final cabling to follow in the next couple of weeks.
3. Tom’s book is in print and the launch event is planned for 19:30hrs on Friday 11th December in the clubhouse. Tom will also be in the Tesco Greenock on 14th December and Port Glasgow on 15th December selling copies to the general public.
4. New range of Club active sportswear should be launched on Friday 11th December as well. A small stock will be available for inspection and sale on that night. Order taken that night should be ready pre-Christmas.
5. Decoration of the clubhouse for the Festive Season will take place on Thursday 10th December from 19:00hrs. All welcome to assist.
6. Festive Season opening hours have been posted, see previous article.
7. December Boat Club Session, Friday 18th December. Cracking night of acoustic music by members and friends in a very informal atmosphere.
8. Demolition works next door are nearing completion and discussions are underway with the new owners/developers to our mutual benefit.
9. Planning & organising for the 150th Anniversary events in June next year are well underway. Please remember to return the forms if you wish to participate in the events on the water and/or attend the ball on 18th June.
10. Discussions with the organisers of the Scottish Grand Prix of the Sea event on the weekend of 18th/19th June are underway to our mutual benefit
Adam A. Graham