Covid-19 update 19th March 2020

It is with regret that the Committee has taken the decision tonight to close the Bar at the Club until further notice. We will therefore NOT be open as expected this weekend.

Having listened to the Government advice this evening we feel it would now be socially irresponsible to open the Bar, putting the staff and Members at risk.

Every cloud has a silver lining. We have identified some stock that could potentially go out of date before we re-open. This will be made available at discounted rates for Members to buy and enjoy at home. More details shortly.

The Committee are also discussing an emergency Budget & Subscription proposal, so that we have an income to pay for the running of the clubhouse until such time as we can hold an AGM and formally agree things for 2020-21. This information will be published as soon as it is available.

Every other club in the town is feeling the impact of this international crisis, but we are lucky that our business model is actually quite simple and resilient. We have survived the Boer War, both World Wars last century and all the political upheaval of the last decade. A few months focussing purely on boats & watersports should not be difficult for a club with our history.

Keep monitoring this webpage and the other social media platforms for updates.