Starting on the morning of Friday, 1 January the RWSABC COVID Procedures for Water Sports have changed to reflect that Inverclyde has been in Level 4 Local Restrictions since Boxing Day.
This means that rowing and sailing are restricted to a single household. Swimming can take place in groups of up to 8 if you follow the procedures for FORMAL outings. Kayaking can take place with more than 2 households participating so long as you follow the procedures for FORMAL outings.
Some points to note are:
- If paddling you should review the Generic Risk Assessment for Kayaking that can be found at https://bit.ly/KayakRA (KILO alpha yankee alpha kilo ROMEO APLPHA)
- If swimming you should review the Generic Risk Assessment for Rowing and Swimming that can be found at https://bit.ly/rowswimRA (romeo oscar whiskey sierra whiskey india ROMEO ALPHA)
- Everyone should review the updated COVID procedures which can be found at https://bit.ly/32HMcl1 (3 2 HOTEL MIKE charlie lima 1)
- For FORMAL outing one person in the group needs to contact the COVID Officer by email or WhatsApp before the Outing to say you have read and understood the risk assessment, the date, start time and expected duration of your outing and who you expect to be on the outing
- The same person needs to contact the COVID Officer after the outing to give the actual duration and to confirm those who participated
- The COVID Officer (Joe Heffernan) can be contacted at email address firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp to mobile 07920 381372
- Under Level 4 local restrictions you should not travel to the club if you do not live in Inverclyde
If you have any questions please contact Joe Heffernan (COVID Officer) via email to email@example.com