Works started this morning to replace the entrance bridge from the Esplanade. Also remedial works to stabilise the floor just inside the front door and tie in the rear fire escape stair to the rear wall.
For a number of days during these works the access to the upper level of the clubhouse will be via the balcony stairs or rear fire escape stair.
AS A RESULT OF THESE WORKS THE UPPER LEVEL WILL NOT OPEN ON WEDNESDAY 18TH NOVEMBER. Although access will be by other routes, the upper level should be open on all other days during the works.
This project is part of an ongoing series of refurbishment works to the clubhouse ahead of our 150th Anniversary events next year. Some projects have already been started and/or completed;
• Redecoration of Members’ Lounge
• Drying out, resealing and redecoration of Ladies changing
• Redecoration of Gents changing
• Repainting of inside face of boat shed doors
Other works still to start include;
• Replacement of the boiler that heats the clubhouse
• Replacement of the hot water heater
• Installation of a data projector system c/w electrically operated screen and ceiling mounted speakers, that was donated to the Club.
• Internal refurbishment of areas on the upper level
Adam A. Graham