With the relaxation of COVID Restrictions the Royal West will be able to open a Beer Garden on the weekends. We expect the Beer Garden to be open until restrictions are further eased and we can get back inside the Club. We hope this will be after Monday, 17 May.
The hours of opening for the Beer Garden will be between 12 and 8 on Saturdays and between 1 and 8 on Sundays. The Beer Garden will not open if the weather forecast is poor. If the Beer Garden is going to be closed due to poor weather, we will post an announcement on the Club Web Site and on Facebook.
The Beer Garden is only for the use of Members and their guests. The Beer Garden will be located behind the Club on the green.
The Beer Garden will have a very restricted menu as we are going to operate the Bar from the Racing Shed. Sorry but no pints on draft yet. We expect to serve bottled beers, small bottles of wine, spirits, soft drinks, tea and coffee.
Payment will be by Chip and Pin contactless payment only. If you are going to get more than one round we would like you to set up a tab and settle this before leaving.
Table service will be provided by a combination of Bar Staff and volunteers. If you would like to volunteer to help let us know.
The COVID restrictions that will apply are:
- Tables will be labelled with a maximum number who can sit at the table and the largest group size at some trestle tables will be 6 persons. Other tables will have a maximum of 4 persons.
- While moving about you must wear a facemask.
- Always maintain a 2m distance from other people when moving about.
- Keep your voice low and there will be no music.
- Look over the Esplanade wall and only come down into the Beer Garden if you can see enough seats for your party. If no seats are available then you will have to wait.
- You are limited to staying no more than 2 hours if there are people waiting.
- When you arrive, everyone must sign in providing contact details for everyone for the Test and Protect register. You must indicate on the Test and Protect register the time you leave.
- Pay attention to and heed the signage that will be posted.
The Royal West Charity for the 21/22 subscription year is MindMosaic. Mind Mosaic is a small Inverclyde charity providing counselling and therapy to adults and children, as well as services for postnatal depression and survivors of childhood abuse. Team RWSABC is participating in the Virtual KiltWalk in aid of MindMosaic. We will have a bucket where you can donate on Saturday the 1st and Sunday the 2nd, therefore please bring some cash for a donation. For every £1 donated the Hunter Foundation will pay another 50p to MindMosaic.
We hope to see you there.