Show the other side of Inverclyde this December 6th and shine a light. At 6pm Argowan Hospice is inviting individuals and businesses to come together to Light Up Inverclyde!
Much like other annual hospice events this year, COVID-19 has unfortunately impacted their ability to safely host their usual December Light up a Life campaign, service and tree lighting ceremony.
However rather than shrugging their shoulders and quietly switching on their Christmas Tree lights this year, they have decided to go big and Light Up Inverclyde!
Not only will it be an opportunity to remember loved ones, this is an opportunity to join together as a community to celebrate the “other side of Inverclyde”. The side that may not have been shown and celebrated during recent national coverage, the side that have:
- supported local charities when they have struggled this year
- set up grassroots community aid groups
- kept an eye out for neighbours living alone
- hosted fun virtual events to keep our spirits raised
- kept our shops and services running no matter how difficult the situation became
- been a light throughout the darkness
The Royal West of Scotland Amateur Boat Club will Light Up the Clubhouse to remember our loved ones while celebrating the amazing people that make up our community right now. We will do this on Sunday, 6 December between 6 and 7pm.
We encourage everyone to participate! You can find more information at: