The AGM last Thursday marked the end of Vice President Alex Paterson’s term in the post as chair of the management committee. He is to be congratulated for managing the committee and Club during the last three years, that have seen important events and improvements at the Club.
Alex’s proposed replacement, Heather Scott, was warmly welcomed into the post by the meeting. Heather was the first female member to hold an Office Bearers role on the management committee. As Honorary Treasurer for the last 6 years she has made sure we are financially compliant and stable, with no debt and money in the bank. Heather is now the first female member to be appointed as Vice President.
Another important event on Thursday was the approval of a revised Constitution. We had been asked last year by the Scottish Canoe Association and Royal Yachting Association to make some changes to be compliant with current equality regulations. We also took the opportunity to make some changes of our own to bring the Constitution up to date. These changes were presented to a General Meeting in February and subsequently finalised and approved at the AGM on Thursday. A revised copy of the Constitution is now on the Club website. Key changes were as follows;
- It was made gender neutral
- Disciplinary procedure was made clearer
- Wording in some of the membership categories was clarified
- Associate membership has been retitled Clubhouse membership to help distinguish what use they have of the facilities.
In the new Constitution the subs applicable to a Family membership equate to the sum of the subs due by the adult members of that group. Examples would be as follows;
- Two adults, one who wants to participate on the water and one who only wants to use the bar, then the subs will be £250 + £61 = £311
- Two adults, one who qualifies as a Life member, then the subs would be £250 + £158 = £408
- Two adults, both who would qualify as Ordinary, then the subs would be 2 x £250 = £ 500
- Single adult Ordinary member who wants to include their children up to the age of 17 years. Their subs for a Family membership would be £250
In all instances their dependent children would be acknowledged as members of the Family membership and have access to the facilities of the Club.
Rose will be issuing renewal notices shortly, alternatively there will be hard copies on the forms in the clubhouse tonight. We would ask that however you pay your Subs we need the renewal form completed and returned in order to know how much and by what method you have paid. There have been instances in the last year where people paid directly into the bank but did not put any reference on the electronic payment or paid at the bar but did not complete a form. We have been unable to identify who made some of these payments.